Sunday, October 4, 2009

2009 UPL Basketball Draft Lottery (part I)

The first annual UPL Basketball Draft Lottery has been conducted. As a reminder, lottery selections have been made for the first 3 picks of the 2009-10 UPL Basketball Draft, with the remaining draft slots made in reverse order of finish from last year. The order of finish, and the corresponding odds of selecting 1st in the draft are as follows:


Rank Odds
Phatsnapper 11 16.67%
Love T'Wolves 10 15.15%
Milwaukee Bricks 9 13.64%
Floor Burns 8 12.12%
Dribbling Balls 7 10.61%
Chowtime 6 9.09%
Westy's Ballers 5 7.58%
IAmJabrone 4 6.06%
Sparty Rules 3 4.55%
O.N. Thugs 1.5 2.27%
European Sellout 1.5 2.27%
TOTAL
66 100.00%

Part I of the draft lottery results are as follows.

11th - O.N. Thugs


The O.N. Thugs are selecting 11th, due to UPL tiebreaker rules, based on their higher finish the previous season.

10th - European Sellout

The European Sellouts are selecting 10th, after their almost miraculous final day recovery to tie for the UPL championship.

9th - Sparty Rules

So far, things are moving according to plan.

8th - Westy's Ballers

Wow. This is huge news, folks. This means that IAmJabrone has defied the lottery odds, and has won one of the top three selections in the 2009 UPL Basketball Draft.

7th - Chowtime

After a little craziness at the top of the draft, the lottery is back on track.

6th - Dribbling Balls

With the first half of the lottery completed, the only aberration is IAmJabrone beating the odds to land one of the top 3 picks.

We're going to take a short commercial break, and we'll come back to announce the rest of the 2009 UPL Basketball Draft Lottery results.

-Chairman (aka O.N. Thugs)

4 comments:

clauff said...

YES!!! That rules! You better not hold us in suspense for long.

Greg McConnell said...

Chairman, I was hoping you'd win the first pick just so the conspiracy theories could start up.

Chairman said...

Greg. Me too, my friend.

Incidentally, Michael Hayes was one of your friends, right? You mind sending him an e-mail to remind him to sign up for fantasy hoops?

Also - are you interested in jumping on an expansion team for UPL Hoops? We'll need to figure out rules for that, if you ever get the itch.

Greg McConnell said...

I just sent Michael an email about UPL Basketball. Also, thanks for the invite. I'm sure I'll get the itch at times, but I'm going to pass. Baseball is my favorite, and football is easy enough to keep up with. Besides, I want there to be at least one major sport left where I can watch a game without saying, "Okay, I need this guy on Team A to dominate, but I need this other guy on Team A to suck, and then I need someone else on Team B to get injured..."

And yes, I'm already rooting for some football injuries this season... I know, that's just plain wrong. But I'm desperate for some W's.

For instance, I like Aaron Rodgers, but last night I didn't see how my team could win unless...