Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Positions in Football

Apparently, they're letting us have more positions.

They've added new flex positions. In addition to WR/RB and WR/TE, you can also have WR/RB/TE or QB/WR/RB/TE.

I don't think that adding a 2nd QB each week is a great idea. However, one change that I'm thinking is that we switch it to just having two guys at WR/RB/TE, instead of 1 each at WR/RB and WR/TE? This makes for a little more flexibility with the bye weeks.

Also, with individual defensive players, we used to just pick 2 guys at any position. Now, they are letting us have specific positions: DE, DT, LB, CB, and S (if you want to get really specific), DL and DB (a little less specific), and of course, you can still have just D (any position at all).

I'm sort of leaning toward going with 4 individual defensive players: DL, LB, DB, and D. Thoughts?

Finally, they are adding a "rivalry week" feature, where we can have an additional game against a specific rival. This can't get set up until everyone signs up. But, this is cool. We've got a 12 team league, with 13 regular season games. This means that you can play everyone once, and then we can have 2 weeks where you can play a particular rival. I'd think that it would be sweet to have the first and last week of the season be rivalry weeks.

So, this means that everyone gets 2 rivals. Any requests for your personal rivalries? Some interesting rivalries in the UPL... I sort of want an extra shot at Mikey. And C-Lauff, too. Of course, those rivalries are against two of the more successful franchises... I guess that if I was smart, that I'd try to go for a perennial bottom feeder as my rival... Jeff? You're playing football, right? :-)

Mikey/Bobby makes sense. I'm guessing that Westy/C-Lauff would be a pretty natural one. Schultzie/Olthoff seems to make sense. I think that this is sort of cool...

-Chairman (aka O.N. Thugs)

1 comment:

Westy said...

I agree with the offensive positional change and the rivalry one. Maybe me vs. Dino for my other one (us Vikings fans need to stick together).

As to the defensive players, I'd probably vote for just two, but one being DL/LB and the other DB.