Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend....

Okay so the title of this post has nothing to do with the actual post. Sorry. But today the Jimmy Dix Longballs designated Mark Buehrle for assignment. As someone who has been a die-hard Buehrle fan (I even have a Buehrle authentic jersey, courtesy of friends of a friend, who are now on probation for their part in a jersey theft and resale ring) its a tough day, but his K/9 and WHIP were just too ugly to stick with as a fantasy starter. I wish him nothing but the best success in real life, and as the Sox are in a pennant race I would not begrudge anyone who picks him up and catches him as he gets hot. I hope he helps bring us back to the postseason, where the Yankees will beat us like they caught us robbing the new Yankee Stadium. Although I reserve the right as a fantasy manager to write a letter, Dan Gilbert style, about him if he helps another team beat me. Just saying.

1 comment:

Greg McConnell said...

I wouldn't worry about it, CJ. You made the right decision. Buehrle is one of those guys who still brings a lot of value to a real MLB team, but his numbers haven't translated well into fantasy baseball stats since 2005. If your fantasy team needs another guy to eat innings, then Buehrle could be a good option. But that's about it.