Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trading Blocks

I'll admit that there was a little more trading activity than I thought there'd be these past few weeks. Not in the UPL, though, but in the "real" game. Since I noticed that there hasn't been much activity on the blog, I figured I'd throw it out there for discussion and see who the real fantasy winners and losers are.

I'll kick it off by saying that Cliff Lee to the Phillies = WIN for me. After a rough start to the season, Lee's returned to form and is performing like I expected him to at the beginning of the year. Hopefully that will continue to continue, even though he's pitching in Philadelphia's notorious hitters park - and follow a similar (though not as spectacular) arc as CC had in 2008.

Any winners or losers on your teams??

2 comments:

Greg McConnell said...

I was glad that the Rays didn't trade for a closer (so Howell can keep that role). Also, I think I benefitted from Qualls staying put.

Perhaps the biggest factor might be Victor Martinez going over to Boston. He had been in a terrible slump in June and July, so perhaps Boston will do him good. (I see that he already has five hits today... not bad.)

Chairman said...

I think that I got a little unlucky when Sherrill was traded from Baltimore to LA. But at the same time, lucked out when MacDougal stayed put in Washington.

Other than that, I don't believe that many of my players were involved in a ton of trade rumors...