Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10 Days In: A Hypothetical Re-Draft

So, my last post was sort of an "Anatomy of an O.N. Thug Draft." And already, I'm second-guessing some of my picks.

Which leads to an interesting question. Just a bit into the new season, if we were going to re-draft, what players would go much earlier? I mean, obviously, D-Wade shouldn't fall to 9. But aside from that.

I think that Derrick Rose doesn't last past the 4th round if we re-draft, and I'd seriously consider taking him in 3rd, maybe even into the late 2nd. I think that I'd have him rated at 21 or 22 (right around Brandon Roy and Joe Johnson). I don't know if I'd take him over Brandon Roy with the 28th pick, but if he gets to me in the 4th at 39 overall, there's no way he goes past.

O.J. Mayo also gets boosted up, probably into the 5th/6th round, up from the 90th pick.
Rudy Fernandez goes off no later than the 7th round, much higher than the 152nd pick
Spencer Hawes gets drafted in the 9th/10th round, up from the 151st pick.
Travis Outlaw probably goes a couple rounds earlier, instead of in the 12th round.
Roger Mason and Marc Gasol gets drafted, rather than go FA.

What do you guys think? And who just went too high in the draft? Elton Brand comes to mind. Maybe Pau Gasol.

Anyway, this will be a fun post to revisit over the years - if the keeper draft were being held now (whenever that is), what would the order be?

-Chairman (aka O.N. Thugs)

No comments: